Yale Golf Course Spring Session 1 - 2021 update
March 19, 2021
Yale Golf Course enthusiasts,
It’s time! Yale Golf Course (YGC) intends to open our 2021 golf season on Tuesday, April 13th (Spring session 1). This first session will operate through Sunday, June 27th and will follow the outlined policies listed within this announcement. We are still facing many challenges regarding COVID-19 and, as such, our commitment on providing a safe environment for our staff and each of you, our supporters, remains at the forefront. The resources extended to us to make this possible is a commitment by the University and the Athletic Department. As we navigate through this first session, we are confident we have established a solid foundation for the entire 2021 golf season through our preparation, foresight and planning.
- Everyone must maintain social distancing of at least six feet at all times over the entire property including parking lots and playing areas. Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow golfers but also to golf course staff. Anyone not following social distancing policies will be asked to leave.
- Social distancing, hygiene and facial covering signage will be placed at check-in and every other tee box.
- All golfers must have a facial covering in their possession at all times.
- Facial coverings are not required while playing golf.
- Facial coverings are required while on the property (checking in for tee time, in the parking lot, etc.).
- Facial coverings are required while driving and riding in a cart with another passenger.
- Facial coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
Eligibility of Golfers
- Only golfers who reside in the state of Connecticut will be permitted to register for tee times (Spring session 1)
- Golf course staff will set parameters on the online registration (out of state residents will not be able to schedule tee times).
- Local golfers are not permitted to bring out-of-state guests.
- All golfers must have an active account with the YGC.
- Tee times are mandatory; no walk-on play will be permitted.
- Only registered golfers will be allowed to make tee time reservations online two days prior to their desired tee time beginning at 6am (Monday 6am for Wednesday tee-times). All payments will be made online.
- Cancellations can occur up to 24 hours prior to a tee time for a full refund.
- All requests for refunds must be made via email to email@example.com (no phone-calls will be accepted)
- All golfers should check in for their tee time no more than 15 minutes prior to their time at the cart barn. Check-in procedures will be done socially distanced.
- Carts are available. One person allowed per cart; if immediate family two per cart.
- The Yale Golf Course staff will thoroughly clean and sanitize all carts after use.
- The clubhouse will remain closed.
- The pro shop will remain closed.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the course.
- Widdy’s Snack Bar on the 9th hole is closed.
- Golf clubs are not available to rent.
- The driving range will be closed.
- The practice putting greens is available to paid golfers only; limit five at any one time. Social distancing must be observed.
- Operational Hours: Tuesday through Sunday 8a.m. – 7p.m.; closed Monday’s.
- For YGC information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the YGC website. The Golf Shop phone lines and voice-mail messaging will not be staffed at all times.
- Spring aerification (greens, fairways and tees) is scheduled for the week of April 26-30. YGC will be closed.
- All play will start on #1.
- All golfers must be off the property by 7:30p.m. Gates will be locked at this time.
- Tee-times being at 8am and in 15-minute intervals. After players have checked in for their tee time they must not congregate and must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Players must depart from the course immediately following their round. Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted. Course staff will monitor patrons for loitering.
- Bathrooms will be available at Widdy’s Snack Bar on the 9th hole and at two portable units (one at the clubhouse parking area and one between #13 green and #14 tee). Bathrooms at the maintenance barn are not available.
- Trash receptacles will be removed from the course. Players must remove their own trash after their round and leave nothing in the golf carts.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available on multiple holes, at the cart barn and parking area.
- Golf ball retrieval will proceed without the removal of the flagstick.
- There will be no accessories on the course (trash bins, ball washers, water jugs, and rakes). Scorecards and pencils will only be provided on the golf cart and thrown away after play.
Yale University Enrolled In-Residence Students
- Free after 4pm Tuesday – Sunday (Golf cart included if available)
- Prior to 4pm – Faculty/Staff rate applies (Golf cart included)
Yale University Faculty/Staff
- $75 Tuesday - Sunday (Golf cart included)
Yale University Alumni
- $85 Tuesday – Sunday Green fee (Golf cart fee + $25)
Accompanied guest of Yale University affiliate (one of above classifications)
- $100 Tuesday – Sunday Green fee (Golf cart fee + $25)
- $115 Tuesday – Sunday Green fee (Golf cart fee + $25)
- 15 Round Pre-Paid card (5% discount from the category listed above)
- 30 Round Pre-Paid card (10% discount from the category listed above)
Please stay home if you are experiencing shortness of breath, coughing, fever or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
All golfers are expected to follow these policies. YGC staff reserves the right to immediately remove any player from the property for any violation of any of the rules or executive orders from the State of Connecticut. If a violation does occur, we may also impose a suspension on golf course privileges.
Our commitment to keep everyone safe, healthy and maintain open operations continues to be our priority. Creating an outdoor avenue for all to enjoy the YGC during these times follows closely behind.
Details about our Summer/Fall session beginning Tuesday, June 29th will be communicated at a later date.
We plan to continue servicing every supporter to the best of our ability and we look forward to welcoming you back to the YGC. As an effort to enhance lines of communication we have added a YGC Twitter page. Please follow us at @GolfAtYale for the latest information.
Peter R. Palacios Jr.