June 15, 2022
Dear Yale Golf Course enthusiasts,
I hope everyone has enjoyed the beginning of the 2022 golf season. Our playing turf transitioned well from the off-season with only minor winter desiccation. Green surfaces, fairways and tees remain healthy and we are confident on staying the course with our agronomic plan.
In April, we welcomed patrons back to the Yale Golf Course (YGC). My staff and I were met with tremendous support. At the beginning of May we experienced a quick transition from regular open play operations to NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Regional operations, and again with your support, we made a positive impact on the student-athletes, coaches, NCAA staff, volunteers and spectators.
The Yale commencements and reunions quickly followed in late May and early June. It was an amazing few weeks of welcoming the Yale community back to the YGC. My staff and I had the pleasure of meeting so many alums and congratulating the class of 2022 as they played their final golf rounds before transitioning to their next chapter in life.
We are very excited for famed golf course architect Gil Hanse, and his team’s, restoration of the YGC. In planning ahead, the YGC is expected to close fall 2023 to fall 2025. We will update you throughout the project. I can advise you that we are planning for a modified 2023 golf season and those exact months of opening will be determined and communicated later.
In the meantime, I encourage you all to visit the YGC website to book tee times and get the latest information. You can also follow the YGC on Twitter at @Yale_GolfCourse.
On behalf of our entire YGC team, we appreciate your continued support!
Peter R. Palacios Jr.- General Manager, Yale Golf Course
March 30, 2022
Dear Yale Golf Course enthusiasts,
We are excited to welcome you back to our iconic Macdonald and Raynor designed Yale Golf Course (YGC)!
The YGC opened to the public on Tuesday, April 19th.
Our grounds team, led by our Superintendent Jeffrey Austin, have been working meticulously to provide exceptional playing conditions for this upcoming golf season. Several operational applications last year included a Spring and Fall aerification, a new turf application program and new irrigation practices, all of which have already shown incredible results. We believe, upon your visit, you will witness a true resurgence in golf course playability.
The information below lists everything you need to know prior to visiting YGC. Our website will always house the most up-to-date information and a new FAQ’s section has been added. In addition, we have a YGC Twitter page @GolfAtYale that will include regular updates.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to maintaining open operations and providing you with a “best in class” service will always be our top priority.
My staff and I look forward to seeing you on the greens!
Peter R. Palacios Jr.
Yale Golf Course, General Manager
- Yale University’s COVID guidelines for outdoor and indoor activities must be followed at all times.
- Note that up-to-date vaccination documentation and facial coverings are required in all indoor spaces (clubhouse, pro shop, etc.).
- Operational Days: Tuesday through Sunday 8a.m. – 7p.m.; closed Monday’s (times and days may change throughout the season).
- All play will start on #1 tee at designated 15-minute tee times intervals
- All golfers must be off the golf course by 7p.m. and off property by 7:30p.m. (Front gates will be closed and locked at this time)
- * Yale University Enrolled Students
- Free after 5pm Tuesday – Sunday (Golf cart included if available)
- Prior to 5pm – Faculty/Staff rate applies (Golf cart included)
- * Yale University Faculty/Staff
- $75 Tuesday - Sunday
- * Yale University Alumni
- $95 Tuesday – Sunday
- * Yale Golf Course - Senior (any player 60 yrs. and older; registration with verifiable date of birth will be required; DOB will also be verified upon check-in).
- $75 Tuesday - Sunday
- * Accompanied guest of Yale University affiliate (Student/Faculty/Staff or Alumnus
- $110 Tuesday – Sunday
- * Yale Golf Course guest
- $125 Tuesday – Sunday
- All golfers are permitted to register for tee times for the 2022 season.
- Tee times are mandatory; no walk-on play will be permitted.
- Tee-Time login and Account Set-up form is only available through the online registration portal.
- All golfers must have an active account with the YGC and a Credit or Debit (VISA, AMEX, MC) card entered in the player profile for billing purposes (no cash will be accepted).
- Please DO NOT ATTEMPT to pre-pay for your round.
- Only registered golfers will be allowed to make tee time reservations online two days (48 hours) prior to their desired tee time beginning at 6am (i.e., Monday 6am for Wednesday tee-times). All payments will be processed the morning of the scheduled tee-time.
- Cancellations can occur up to 24 hours prior to a tee time with no charges incurred.
- All requests for refunds must be made via email to email@example.com (no phone messages will be accepted).
- All golfers should check in no more than 15 minutes prior to their tee-time.
- Check-in for tee times will be outside.
- Carts are available (two individuals per cart).
- Golf clubs (limited quantity) are available to rent on a first reserved basis.
- The driving range will open in July for the current day paid players only.
- The practice putting and chipping greens are available to paid golfers only.
- Players must remove their own trash after their round and leave nothing in the golf carts.
- On-course water jugs will not be available.
Food & Beverage offerings
- No outside food or beverages (including alcohol & liquor) are permitted.
- Widdy’s at the Turn (between #8 green and #9 tee)
- Operating Hours: 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Friday through Sunday
- Menu: Coffee, Signature Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, Protein Bars, Chips, Candy, Coffee, Cold Beverages, and Beer
- Vending machines (located near Widdy’s at the Turn)
- Soda, chips, candy, etc.
- Restrooms are available in the clubhouse and at Widdy’s at the turn.
Golf Pro Shop/Club House
- The golf pro shop is back open for business! Vendors include Under-Armour, Holderness & Bourne, Vineyard Vines and many others!
- Open Tuesday through Friday from 10a.m.-4p.m. Saturday from 10a.m - 2p.m
- Proof of up-to-date vaccination status is required to enter the clubhouse. Golf course staff will check vaccination and booster documentation. Facial coverings are required at all times while indoors.
- Widdy’s in the clubhouse will not be open this season.
The YGC successfully hosted the 2022 NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Regional Monday, May 15 through Wednesday, May 18.