March 7, 2023
Dear Yale Golf Course enthusiasts,
I am pleased to announce that the Yale Golf Course will open for the 2023 golf season on Tuesday, May 2nd.
Our grounds team, led by Superintendent Jeffrey Austin, have been working meticulously this off-season to provide exceptional playing conditions for this upcoming golf season. Several operational applications and off-season projects have built a strong foundation to ensure a successful and enjoyable season. My team and I are excited for you to witness first-hand these improvements to our treasured golf course.
The information below lists everything you need to know prior to visiting the Yale Golf Course. Our website will always house the most up-to-date information, including an updated FAQ section. In addition, we have a Yale Golf Course Twitter page @GolfAtYale that will include regular updates. Please follow us!
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at email@example.com
My staff and I look forward to seeing you this spring!
Peter R. Palacios Jr.
Yale Golf Course, General Manager
Operational Guidelines & Hours
- Operational Days: Tuesday through Sunday 8a.m. – 6:15p.m.; closed Monday’s (times may change throughout the season).
- The YGC clubhouse (restrooms only): Tuesday through Sunday 7:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
- The YGC Pro Shop: Tuesday through Saturday 10a.m. – 2p.m to playing players only.
- All play will start on #1 tee with designated 15-minute tee times intervals.
- All golfers must be off the golf course by 6:15p.m. and off property by 6:45p.m. (Front gates will be closed and locked at this time. Times may change throughout the season)
- Yale University Enrolled Students
- Free after 5:00p.m. Tuesday through Sunday (Golf cart included if available)
- Prior to 5:00p.m. – Faculty/Staff rate applies (Golf cart included)
- Yale University Faculty/Staff
- $75 Tuesday through Sunday
- Yale University Alumni
- $95 Tuesday through Sunday
- YGC Senior category (any player 60 yrs. and older) registration with verifiable date of birth will be required.
- $75 Tuesday through Sunday
- Accompanied guest of Yale University affiliate (Student/Faculty/Staff or Alumnus)
- $110 Tuesday through Sunday
- YGC Guest
- $125 Tuesday through Sunday
*All fees include golf cart assignment for 1-player; two players will be assigned per golf cart.
- All new golfers to YGC are required to register for tee times for the 2023 season.
- Tee times are mandatory; no walk-on play will be permitted.
- Tee-Time login and Account Set-up form are only available through the online registration portal found on www.yalegolf.yale.edu
- All golfers must have an active account and a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express only) entered in the player profile for billing purposes (no cash will be accepted).
- Please DO NOT ATTEMPT to pre-pay for your round.
- Only registered golfers will be allowed to make tee time reservations online two days (48 hours) prior to their desired tee time beginning at 6am (i.e., Monday 6:00a.m. for Wednesday tee-times). All payments will be processed inside the twenty-four-cancelation period.
- Cancellations can occur up to 24 hours prior to the booked tee time.
- All requests for refunds must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone messages will be accepted).
- All golfers should check in upon arrival (outside or in the golf shop) 15 minutes prior to their tee-time.
- Golf carts are available (two individuals per cart).
- The driving range will not be available.
- The practice putting and chipping greens are available to paid golfers only.
- Repairing divots and properly fixing ball marks are essential in maintaining quality playable turf grass. Please repair yours and one other.
Food & Beverage
- No outside food or beverages (including alcohol & liquor) are permitted to be brought on property.
- Widdy’s at the Turn (between #8 green and #9 tee)
- Operating Hours: 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Friday through Sunday
- Menu: Signature Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, Protein Bars, Chips, Candy, Coffee, Cold Beverages, and Beer
Golf Pro Shop/Club House
- The golf pro shop is open for business! Vendors include Under-Armour, Holderness & Bourne, Vineyard Vines and many others!
- Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10a.m.-2p.m.
- Widdy’s in the clubhouse will not be open this season.
The YGC will be hosting several events this year and open for play over several observed holidays. These dates are listed below and any additions throughout the year will be listed on the website.
Yale Golf Course Events and Holiday Schedule
Tuesday, May 2 (open for play)
Monday, May 29 (open for play) Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 30 (closed)
Saturday, June 24 (closed) Yale “Dog Bowl” The Fried Egg
Monday, July 3 (open for play)
Tuesday, July 4 (closed) Observing Independence Day
Monday, August 7 (closed) Yale Football Alumni Association
Tuesday, August 8 (closed)
Wednesday, August 16 (Closed) Connecticut Am Tour event
Monday, September 4 (open for play) Labor Day
Tuesday, September 5 (closed)
Friday, September 8th (closed) GRGC & Suan Invitational
Sunday, September 10th (closed) Suan Invitational & Yale Club - Boston
Friday, September 15 (closed) Yale LaCrosse Alumni event
Saturday, September 16 (closed) Suzuki Music School event
Wednesday, September 20-24 (closed) Yale Men’s Varsity Fall event
Wednesday, September 27-October 1 (closed) Yale Women’s Varsity Fall event
Tuesday, September 26 (last day of the 2023 season)