Yale Golf Course FAQ’s
Q. Is the YGC open to all golfers from any state and from overseas?
Q. When will the YGC close for 2023 season?
A. Tuesday, September 26 (last day of public play)
Q. What is the timeline for the YGC restoration?
A. Inception October 2023 – Completion date to be announced at a later time.
Q. Will the YGC offer a 15/30 round pre-paid pass in 2023?
Q. Are the YGC Guest and YGC Senior categories open to the public?
Q. Am I considered a Yale affiliate if I am retired or no longer work at Yale?
A. No. A Yale affiliate is a current Yale University students, faculty/staff and alumni only.
Q. How does the payment process work?
A. All YGC registered golfers must enter their credit card information, as the primary payment method, to be held within your registered player profile on our secured network (MasterCard, Visa, American Express only). Once credit card information is entered, continue to view available times, select registered players for your group and secure your selected tee-time. YGC staff will process all payments the day before the scheduled tee-time, ensuring correct rate categories are obtained.
Q. Can I utilize the driving range, chipping or putting areas to practice, without a booked tee-time?
A. No. These areas will be designated for current day paying golfers only until 4:00p.m.
Q. Will the YGC be hosting golf tournaments this year?
A. Yes, we will be hosting golf events this season. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Q. How does the refund policy work?
A. All refunds and cancelations must be received 24 hours in advance for a full refund. All requests must be submitted through email only and to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Am I able to walk the remaining holes if I cannot complete my round by the time the golf course is scheduled to close or golf carts are due back?
A. No. Golf carts are due back to the golf shop by 6:30p.m. and our gates close at 7:00p.m.
Q. Do you offer a nine-hole rate?
Q. Do all rates include a single spot on a golf cart?
A. Yes. Every player rate includes 1 spot on a golf cart (2 players will be assigned per cart)
Q. Are your phones being monitored?
A. Yes. We do however recommend email correspondence to ensure a timely response. We will not be monitoring any voicemail messages. Please email us at:
- Peter R. Palacios Jr. – YGC General Manager, email@example.com
- Camile Collier – YGC Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Are you providing GHIN (Golf Handicap & Information Network)?
A. No. Former GHIN accounts can select to be put into eClub of Connecticut by registering at www.csgalinks.org.
Q. Is the registration and tee-time booking process easy?
A. Yes. Here are some tips:
- All registrations begin through our website and are then verified by YGC staff.
- Please email us if you have not received verification within 48 hours of registration
- When booking your tee-time select players for your group, all should be registered. If not, please add “Guest” as a player to hold the spot. Please remember that all players will be billed. Please add any specific details to the notes/comment section, like “I have a Senior Player” or “Please bill the group to my card on file” we will verify upon your arrival.
- Please enter your credit card information within your profile (MasterCard, Visa, American Express only).
- Please do not pay for or tender out any transactions through your profile; all transactions need to be processed by YGC staff.
Q. Can I redeem a gift certificate, gift card and credit?
A. Yes, all can be redeemed this season until our closure date. All will expire at the conclusion of the 2023 season.
Q. If I have credit for YGC can I use that toward a round of golf?
A. Yes, credit can be used for merchandise or toward your round of golf.
All golfers are expected to follow these policies. YGC staff reserves the right to immediately remove any player from the property for any violation of any of the rules. If a violation does occur, we may also impose a suspension on golf course privileges.