Yale Golf Course FAQ’s
Q. Is YGC open to out-of-state residents?
Q. When will the YGC close for 2022 season?
A. Sunday, October 23rd will be the last day of the 2022 season.
Q. What is the timeline for the YGC restoration?
A. Detailed information will be sent out throughout the year.
Q. Will YGC offer a 15/30 round pre-paid pass in 2022?
Q. Is the YGC Guest and YGC Senior category open to the public?
Q. Am I considered a Yale affiliate if I am retired or no longer work at Yale?
A. No. A Yale affiliate is a current Yale University students, faculty/staff and alumni only.
Q. How does the payment process work?
A. All YGC registered golfers must enter their credit card information, as the primary payment method, to be held within your registered player profile on our secured network (MasterCard, Visa, America Express only). Once credit card information is entered, continue to view available times, select registered players for your group and secure your selected tee-time. YGC staff will process all payments the day before the scheduled tee-time, ensuring correct rate categories are obtained. Please list detailed information on all guests within the comment/notes section of the booking platform to ensure accurate billing (Seniors, Yale affiliations, etc.).
Q. Can I utilize the chipping or putting areas to practice, without a booked tee-time?
A. No. These areas will be designated for current day paying golfers only.
Q. Will the YGC be hosting golf tournaments this year?
A. Yes, YGC will be allowed to host a limited number of golf events in 2022 with COVID restrictions in place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Q. How does the refund policy work?
A. All refunds and cancelations must be received 24 hours in advance for a full refund. All requests must be submitted through email only and to email@example.com
Q. Am I able to walk the remaining holes if I cannot complete my round by the time the golf course is scheduled to close or golf carts are due back?
A. No. Golf carts are due back to the golf shop by 7pm and our gates close at 7:30pm *times will change throughout the season.
Q. Do you offer a nine-hole rate?
Q. Do all rates include a single spot on a golf cart?
A. Yes. Every player rate includes 1 spot on a golf cart (2 players will be assigned per cart)
Q. Are your phones being monitored?
A. YGC staff will be monitoring our phone lines in a limited capacity. We will not be monitoring any voicemail messages. If you cannot reach us by phone please email me directly at:
- Peter Palacios firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Are you providing GHIN (Golf Handicap & Information Network)?
A. No. Former GHIN accounts can select to be put into eClub of Connecticut by registering at www.csgalinks.org.
Q. Will we be able to redeem golf shop and golf cart credit this year?
A. Yes. All golf shop, range and golf cart credit can be redeemed this year and will expire at the conclusion of the 2022 season. Please contact us directly for details.
Q. Will lockers and showers be available?
A. No. Only restrooms will be available inside the clubhouse.
Q. Are you open on selected holidays?
A. Yes. YGC will open on the following holidays. Monday, May 30th (Memorial Day), Monday, July 4th (Independence Day), Monday, September 5th (Labor Day). YGC will close the following day (Tuesday) after these open days.
Q. Is the registration and tee-time booking process easy?
A. Yes. Here are some tips:
- All registrations begin through our website and are then verified by YGC staff.
- Please email us if you have not received verification within 4-5 business days.
- When booking your tee-time select players for your group, all should be registered. If not, please add “Guest” as a player to hold the spot. Please remember that all players will be billed. Please add any specific details to the notes/comment section, like “I have a Senior Player” or “Please bill the group to my card on file” we will verify upon your arrival.
- Please enter your credit card information within your profile (MasterCard, Visa, America Express only).
- Please do not pay for or tender out any transactions through your profile; all transactions need to be processed by YGC staff.
Q. Can I redeem a gift certificate or gift card?
A. Yes, all gift certificates for rounds of golf or gift cards that are valid must be redeemed by the conclusion of the 2022 season.
Q. If I have credit for YGC can I use that toward a round of golf?
A. Yes, credit can be used for merchandise or toward your round of golf.
Q. Will you be hosting any collegiate events?
A. Yes, the collegiate schedule is listed below:
- Friday, April 15th (Practice round)
- Saturday, April 16th (Tournament round 36-hole event)
- Sunday, May 15th (Practice round) *YGC will close Sunday, May 8th and reopen Friday, May 20th
- Monday, May 16th (Round 1)
- Tuesday, May 17th (Round 2)
- Wednesday, May 18th (Final round)
- Friday, September 9th (Practice round) *YGC will close Tuesday, September 6th and reopen Tuesday, September 13th
- Saturday, September 10th (Round 1 & 2)
- Sunday, September 11th (Final round)
- Friday, September 23rd (Practice round) *YGC will close Monday, September 19th and reopen Tuesday, September 27th
- Saturday, September 24th (round 1 & 2)
- Sunday, September 25th (final round)
All golfers are expected to follow these policies. YGC staff reserves the right to immediately remove any player from the property for any violation of any of the rules. If a violation does occur, we may also impose a suspension on golf course privileges.