Dear Yale Golf Course Members,
It’s Time! The Yale Golf Course staff are ready to officially welcome you back to the course Monday, September 28th. Our grounds team have been working tirelessly to ensure the golf course is in the best condition possible. As our reopening is only days away, we want to direct your attention to our Reopening Guidelines listed below. These have been created to ensure the safest and healthiest environment for your enjoyment of the golf course. Please read through them carefully and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Yale Golf Course!
Yale Golf Course Reopening Guidelines
In collaboration with the State of Connecticut, Yale University and the Connecticut State Golf Association (CSGA) guidelines, Yale intends to reopen its golf course on Monday, September 28 and will follow the outlined policies below. All golfers are expected to follow these policies; any violation may jeopardize the play of other members and the ability for the Yale Golf Course to remain open.
The Yale Golf Course staff reserves the right to immediately remove any player from the property for a violation of any of the rules or executive orders from the State of Connecticut.
Please stay home if you are experiencing shortness of breath, coughing, fever, or other symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Everyone must maintain social distance of at least six feet at all times over the entire property including parking lots and playing areas. Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow golfers but also to golf course employees. Anyone not following social distancing policies will be asked to leave.
- All golfers must have a facial covering in their possession at all times.
- Facial coverings are not required per the CSGA while playing golf if social distancing can be maintained.
- Facial coverings are required while on the property and not engaged in golf related activities (e.g. checking in for tee time, in the parking lot, etc.).
- Facial coverings are required while driving and riding in a cart.
- Facial coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
Eligibility of Golfers
- Only residents of the State of Connecticut will be permitted to register for tee times. This is a Yale University policy. Out-of-state golfers will not be permitted.
- Verification of Connecticut residence (driver’s license or other proof of residence) will be requested at check-in; anyone not a resident will be asked to leave the course without a refund.
- Connecticut residents are not permitted to bring out-of-state guests.
- If a golfer does not have an active Yale Golf Course account please use the account setup form.
- Students who are designated as “in-residence” are permitted to schedule tee times during student hours.
- Tee times are mandatory; no walk-on play will be permitted.
- Golfers can reserve tee time reservations online 72 hours prior to their desired tee time. Payment is due at the time of booking. We accept Visa, Master Card, and AMEX.
- Cancellations can occur up to 24 hours prior to a tee time for a full refund; cancellations that occur within 24 hours of a tee time will not be refunded.
- All golfers should check in for their tee time no more than 10 minutes prior to their time at the cart barn.
- Carts are available. One person allowed per cart; if immediate family two per cart. Cart availability may be limited due to single cart rider policy.
- The Yale Golf Course staff will thoroughly clean and sanitize all carts after use.
- All golfers will start their round on the 10th tee (starting hole) and play through the #8 hole (finishing hole) due to the 9th hole being closed as part of a construction project.
- Seventeen holes will be deemed a complete round of golf.
- Per the State of Connecticut licensing guidelines, alcohol is not permitted to be brought on the course.
- Golf clubs are not available to rent.
- Hours: Weekdays (Monday – Thursday) 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Weekends (Friday – Sunday) 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- All golfers must be off the property thirty minutes prior to dusk. Gates will be locked fifteen minutes after dusk. Please remain cognizant of upcoming shorter daylight days.
- Starting time intervals will be 20 minutes. After players have checked in for their tee time they must not congregate and must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Players must depart from the course immediately following their round. Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted.
- Bathrooms will be available at Widdy’s Snack Bar on the 9th hole and at various port-a-pots around the course. Bathrooms at the maintenance barn cannot be accessed by golfers.
- Trash receptacles have been removed from the course. Players must remove their own trash after their round and leave nothing in the golf carts.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available on the 10th hole, at the cart barn and various other locations.
- Foam inserts have been placed in every cup to assist with golf ball removal. Do not touch or remove the flagsticks.
- There will be no accessories on the course (trash bins, ball washers, water jugs/coolers, rakes, scorecards, pencils, etc.).
The following areas are CLOSED:
- The 9th hole due to construction on the dam.
- The clubhouse, inclusive of locker rooms. There is no storage available for golf bags.
- The pro shop - golfers should bring tees, balls and any other items necessary for their round.
- Widdy’s Snack Bar on the 9th hole.
- The driving range and practice putting greens.