Yale Golf Course Spring Session 2 - 2021 update
June 27, 2021
Yale Golf Course enthusiasts,
Yale Golf Course (YGC) will open the second session of our golf season Tuesday, June 29th through Sunday, Nov. 21st and we will follow the outlined policies listed within this announcement. We are still following COVID-19 guidelines and, as such, our commitment to providing a safe environment for our staff and each of you, our supporters, remains at the forefront. As we navigate the second session, we are confident we have established a solid foundation for the remainder of our 2021 golf season through our preparation, foresight and planning.
- Everyone must maintain social distancing of at least six feet at all times over the entire property including parking lots and playing areas. Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow golfers but also to golf course staff. Anyone not following social distancing policies will be asked to leave.
- All golfers must have a facial covering in their possession at all times.
- Facial coverings are not required while playing golf.
- Facial coverings are required while on the property (tee time check-in, in the parking lot, etc.).
- Facial coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
Eligibility of Golfers
- Only golfers who reside in the state of Connecticut will be permitted to register for tee times (from June 29th until further notice)
- Golf course staff will set parameters on the online registration (out of state residents will not be able to schedule tee times).
- Local golfers are not permitted to bring out-of-state guests.
- All golfers must have an active account with YGC and a form of payment entered to secure tee-times (AMEX, M/C, Visa only)
- Tee times are mandatory; no walk-on play will be permitted.
- Only registered golfers will be allowed to make tee time reservations online two days prior to their desired tee time beginning at 6am (Monday 6am for Wednesday tee-times). Payments will be processed the day before your scheduled tee-time. If no payment method exists on an individual profile the tee time may be canceled.
- Cancellations can occur up to 24 hours prior to a tee time for a full refund.
- All requests for refunds must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone-calls will be accepted)
- All golfers should check in for their tee time no more than 15 minutes prior to their time at the cart barn. Check-in procedures will be done socially distanced.
- Carts are available. (YGC staff will thoroughly clean and sanitize all carts after use)
- The clubhouse, pro shop and driving range will remain closed.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the course.
- Widdy’s Snack Bar on the 9th hole will be open.
- Golf clubs are not available to rent.
- The practice putting greens are available to paid golfers only; limit five at any one time. Social distancing must be observed.
- Operational Hours: Tuesday through Sunday 7:30a.m. – 7p.m.; closed Monday’s.
- For YGC information please email email@example.com or visit the YGC website. The Golf Shop phone lines and voice-mail messaging will not be staffed at all times.
- The Fall aerification schedule will be emailed out in July, YGC will be closed that week.
- Golf carts are due back to the clubhouse by 7pm and entry gates will be locked by 7:15pm
- Tee-times begin at 7:30am and are in 15-minute intervals. After players have checked in for their tee time they must not congregate and must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Golf course will be open Monday, July 5th (limited availability) and closed Tuesday, July 6th
- Golf course will be open Monday, Sept. 6th (Labor Day) and closed Tuesday, Sept. 7th
- Players must depart from the course immediately following their round. Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted. Course staff will monitor patrons for loitering.
- Bathrooms will be available at Widdy’s Snack Bar on the 9th hole and at two portable units (one at the clubhouse parking area and one between #13 green and #14 tee). Bathrooms at the maintenance barn are not available.
- Trash receptacles will be removed from the course. Players must remove their own trash after their round and leave nothing in the golf carts.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the cart barn and parking area.
- There will be no accessories on the course (trash bins, ball washers, water jugs).
- Yale University Enrolled In-Residence Students
- Free after 3pm Tuesday – Sunday (Golf cart included if available)
- Prior to 3pm – Faculty/Staff rate applies (Golf cart included)
- Yale University Faculty/Staff
- $75 Tuesday - Sunday (Golf cart included)
- Yale University Alumni
- $85 Tuesday – Sunday Green fee (Golf cart fee + $25)
- Senior Rate – applies to anyone 60 yrs. of age and older (CT residents only)
- $75 Tuesday – Sunday (Golf cart included; DOB will be verified)
- Accompanied guest of Yale University affiliate (one of above classifications)
- $100 Tuesday – Sunday Green fee (Golf cart fee + $25)
- YGC Guest
- $115 Tuesday – Sunday Green fee (Golf cart fee + $25)
Please stay home if you are experiencing shortness of breath, coughing, fever or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
All golfers are expected to follow these policies. YGC staff reserves the right to immediately remove any player from the property for any violation of any of the rules or executive orders from the State of Connecticut. If a violation does occur, we may also impose a suspension on golf course privileges.
As an effort to enhance our lines of communication we have added a YGC Twitter page. Please follow us at @GolfAtYale for the latest information.
Peter R. Palacios Jr.